Friday, February 11, 2011

Who knew...

Babysitting a two and a half year old would be so much fun!

Seriously! Tonight I babysat my bosses son Dylan and I had such a blast. I picked him up at about 4:30, we went to McDonalds for dinner where he played in the play place, ate dinner, and gave lots of giggles and kisses. After dinner we came back to the house and watched half of Toy Story and ate Smarties. Then we went swimming for over an hour! Then we came home, finished the movie and I read him a story and he fell asleep!

Brad came with us for dinner and it was just fun thinking about what the (distant) future may hold for us when we decide to have kids of our own. We sat and chatted and helped take care of Dylan, it was like a glimpse of a family. So cute. Plus Dylan took to Brad almost instantly. It was awesome.

In other news, I don't believe I have posted since Christmas and a lot has happened since then. After much deliberation I changed jobs. I'm still in the same center and with the YMCA, but I am now the Assistant Director of the Out of School Care program. It's crazy fun, I went from having 12 toddlers to having 56 kids from kingerdarten to grade 6! It's very busy and more than a little scary but I'm loving it more than I ever thought I could. In my first week there, my boss Anglea told me they were going to train me over the next year to be able to do the Director position and then they expect me to apply for a Director position in the next year and a half or so. SCARY! In the meantime I am enjoying myself and I am away from aggrivating co-workers.

Well, I'm exhausted now that I have used all my energy chasing a little one so I'm off to relax until Angela picks Dylan up and then off to bed for me. I don't care if it's early on a Friday night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment