Sunday, July 18, 2010

We all walk down the same road...

"Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that." -Walt Disney

Well it seems like everyone has been on the same page in our family. We are thinking about the past. About when we were kids. Hell, who says we're not still kids? But yes we've all gotten a little older (not necessarily wiser...) and it's all very real and scary at times. Some of us have moved away, some of us are in school, going to school, or contemplating going back to school. There are bills to pay, spouses to take care of, and jobs to work.

However, I think I should take the more uplifting view of this. We all have drifted apart a little bit but when we get together there is nothing that has changed. We're still those little kids sitting around the feet of our uncles, aunts, fathers, or mothers singing "Grandmas feather bed." I think now more than ever we need to really hang on to those moments and cherish them. But we also have so many more opportunities to look forward to. I believe that our family is strong enough to handle all the changes and we all can stay close. Maybe that is just very optimistic of me.

I just want to say that I love our family and even though we've all gone separate ways we still talk, play, and have fun together. I look forward to more of those times, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment